
I have spoken to a couple of people who recommended going to the movies by myself. They said that it was an experience. Generally the whole idea is to be comfortable by myself and to just enjoy the movie, or whatever I was doing, rather than be bothered by what I think others were thinking about me. Agreeing that my own pleasure is more important than some other stranger's opinion, I've decided to take myself out for a date.

I have decided to watch "School Days with a Pig". 1 thing good about watching movies myself is that I need not consult others on what show I want to watch.
It is a Japanese show and is only screened at Cathay Cineleisure and Cathey AMK Hub. And I itchy backside, went to Cineleisure to watch. 
I was excited the whole morning, and even the night before. I even painted my nails, ironed my dress, and put on makeup. I had used my new blusher, which I've ordered online. It is blusher from NARS in Super Orgasm. Yes, Orgasm is not enough for me, must Super Orgasm. Actually the fact is that I kiasu and thought that Super Orgasm is better Orgasm. The difference between the 2 colours is that Super Orgasm has more golden sparkles or flakes than Orgasm. The colour is nice, but it resembles my steal from The Body Shop warehouse sale. I regretted being kiasu.

Although watching movie alone a small thing, not everyone is able to do it. Like me, I am 26 this year and it is the first time I am going to the movies myself. It is just like eating alone. For many of us, me included, we shun from eating alone, being self-conscious that eating alone somehow makes us a loser. However, the fact is not so. How many a times did we notice people eating alone? How many times did we notice people watching movies alone? Sure, there will be a few times, but definitely not all the time. Hence there is no reason to be ashamed of or feel uncomfortable about. In fact, it is supposed to be therapeutic. It is spending time alone = me time.
Returning back to my first movie with myself, to be honest, I felt slightly uneasy as I was walking towards Cineleisure. I felt even more conscious when I was queueing for the ticket - again, I had the concern if the people (not person) behind me is going to talk about me, saying that I am alone watching a weird movie. (The title is weird by itself) I can feel myself getting more self-conscious as I noticed people queuing in groups and buying like 6 tickets in a shot. Secretly, I chided myself for choosing to come on a Monday which follows a public holiday Friday (more people taking leave) and for choosing to watch the movie at Cineleisure. I braved myself and finally managed to get my ticket. I was so self-conscious that I tore the ticket off the counter myself, hoping that the people behind me will not notice that I have only bought 1 ticket.
I felt kinda proud of myself (honest!) as I tuck my ticket into my wallet. Feeling a bit thirsty, I bought Gloria Jeans's Cookies and Cream to be
Again, when entering into the cinema, I was self-conscious again as I have minor concerns that the guy tearing my ticket would think I am a loser for going to the movies myself. Apparently he did not show, or he did not bother. I think it is likely going to be the latter. As I found and settled down in my seat, I noticed that there was another guy who was watching the movie himself. I felt comforted. 
After a while, I got comfortable and was starting to enjoy the show.
Synopsis:
Young and passionate primary teacher wanted to convey what is life and eating all about to his last year graduating students. As a result, he brought a pig to the school, wanting his students to rear it and eat it when it grows up. The class named the pig P-chan. And as time passes, they developed feelings for the pig and there was a debate as to what they are going to do with the pig.
Children were debating if P-chan should be sent to the meat centre or if P-chan should be taken over by younger students.
The concerns were
- the younger students are capable of taking care of such a big pig (grown up by then).
- It is irresponsible for the graduating student to force the younger students to decide later if P-chan should be sent to the meat centre
- It will be cruel to kill P-chan
- It is cruel to kill P-chan as food but not other pigs?
- It is cruel to kill pigs but not other animals?
- P-chan's purpose in living is to be eaten and humans need to eat to live
- The graduating students prefer to send P-chan to the meat centre themselves if ultimately the younger students were to send P-chan there
- it is irresponsible to pass the responsibility to others if the graduating students are unable to take care of P-chan
etc etc etc
Ultimately the class decided to sent P-chan to the meat centre. I wetted 2 tissues while watching the show. All of the students loved P-chan, but they had their reasons in sending P-chan to the meat centre.
I related to Jiexi about what I've done. She
-ed after getting to know what's the movie about. I agreed with the
. Apparently I had choosen the wrong movie. Initially I thought that the movie is going to be heart-warming as it was rated G and it generally a show with children in it. Apparently I was wrong. But I still think that the movie was ok. I felt a sense of personal achievement as I walked out of the cinema. After watching my first solo movie, I find that, it is really no big deal. I have enjoyed my movie and that's important. 






No comments:
Post a Comment