Hey peeps, sorry for the wait, was looking for job hence the delay.
Date: 20 Jun 081st Stop:
Ice-cream makingEveryone loves ice-cream, today we shall try to make them! We will be making milk ice-cream.
We need:
- 375ml of fresh milk
- 125ml of cream
- around 50g sugar (can't be exact because sis lost the receipe)
- a bowl of salt
- a basin of ice

First, pour fresh milk, cream and sugar into a bowl smaller than the basin. Whisk till the sugar are dissolved and the mixture is bubbly and fluffy. Continuous whisking is needed. So,

Shimei whisked

Auntie Siew whisked

3 Auntie whisked

Mummy whisked
Next, put the salt into the basin of ice. Place the bowl of mixture onto the ice. Continue whisking.

I whisked

6 Auntie whisked

Yeah! It is becoming more and more fluffy!

3 Auntie whisked more

Shimei continued to whisk again until the mixture is ready. (She is the most enthusiastic one)
Next, keep whirling the bowl of ready mixture when it is placed on the basin of ice.

Keep whirling. There will be a mini tornado in your bowl; be careful not to spill the contents.

The mixture is starting to curdle. :)

I whirled the bowl. (Actually just wayang-ing to take picture. Shimei did most of the whirling.)

Finally:
ICE-CREAM! :D

YUMMY! Anyone wants ice-cream?
After saying so much, we have yet to say where were we.

We were at Lake Hill Farm. Ya, the name is corny, but it is really a beautiful place.

There are flowers every and any where.


花痴 me
The farm has animals too!

We saw a curly-haired Hersheys

Ponies

Lots of rabbits, this is only one of them and prolly my fav, coz it is a PANDA rabbit.

The farm also owns a goat (I didn't manage to take a picture of it) and 100 odd cows (we weren't shown the place where they kept the cows).

Group photo without 3 Auntie (she was amazed with some beans then)


Group pictures with 3 Auntie back from "bean viewing"
2nd stop:
Fruit farm with strawberries plucking and eating

Name of farm: 後川果樹園

rows of strawberry plants


strawberries of various shapes, but

this is the sweetest. YUMMY!

ichigo kiss *muackz*
There are other fruits which are not in season too.

This is an apple tree

Mini apples


I like apples too!

4 Auntie, 6 Auntie and Auntie Siew stealing cherries off the cherry tree

Still not very ripe yet. Edible but not delicious.


This is the auntie from the fruit farm.

They have grape trees too.

While driving out, we saw a Japanese petrol kiosk
3rd stop:
Bear Ridge
Sneak preview of Lake Toya
Shortly, we arrived at

the bear ridge.

These were born in January this year.

They have raccoons too. We can buy biscuits at 100Yen (SGD1.30) per packet to feed them and the bears of course.

They will walk towards you for the biscuits

Some will catch the biscuits with their mouths.
I really hope they feed the bears well. My heart goes all out to

this bear. Coz its eyesight seems to be a bit problematic and can't catch the biscuits I threw to him.



Can't resist the cubs!

this one is looking at us! So cute!!!


Having fun with 3 little stone bears since we can't play with the real ones. Haha~

*Muackz*
After visiting the bears, we went off for lunch.

Just before boarding the bus. See the red mountain behind me? That was formed overnight when one of the volcanoes erupted. The hot red lava spilled out when the earth plates moved, resulting in this red mountain/ hill. Erm... I've forgotten the actual name. But I remembered it was named after one of the kings.
Post note: I finally know what's the name of this mountain! It is 昭和新山 Mount Showa-Shinzan!!

Soaked our feet with hot spring water while waiting for our ship to arrive to ferry us to an island in the midst of Lake Toya

Cute little dragon

Happily soaking feet

the water was really warm. :) There will be fresh hot spring water coming out from the mini well at where the cute dragon is.

Lake Toya

Swan sun basking after its swim. There were a pairs of swans. Their webbed feet where really big. Pretty.

Can you spot a deer?

This is more obvious. We were in a nature park on the island in the midst of Lake Toya.

This is what deers eat.

Photogenic deer.
Hello!! *wave madly* I was happy that it was looking at me. Hahah~

Baby pine trees



The scenery was good

Told you Mummy loves flowers

Swans shed too. Haha~ They left their feathers on the beach.

The water is clear.

The wind was good
Finally, we headed back to Hotel Sweet Hotel


They provided cakes and 晴天娃娃

晴天娃娃 close up

View from hotel room

Japanese style coffee table

Pretty lights

Relaxing by the window

Bought this at the bear ridge. It has my name engraved behind it. :)

Antique phone

Our yukata, the shower robe

I like!

Comes with a vest too.

Us in our yukata before going for dinner

Spot the similarities between this pic and the pic below.

(pic taken during sleepover at Jia's on 13 Jun 08)

Yupz, you are right. My yukata is too short. It could have been nicer! :(

Sis with Mum

Our tatami. Sleeping on the floor tonight.

Hotel provided fireworks. Pretty. :)
============================
Hope that I will receive a call asking me to go interview tomorrow.
1 comment:
The strawberries looked so delectable, I suspect I'd have gobbled down a few basketful if I were there with you~
Post a Comment