Friday, May 30, 2008

Buang Exam and Complexion

Today I had my HRM paper. It sux. And I am serious. I am not exaggerating. If I failed, I am not surprised.

After the paper I felt totally dejected. What made my mood worse was my meeting of one of my polytechnic classmates. (I shall be explicitly implicit here)

We were classmates since polytechnic year one. We were frequent project mates; yet some how, I do not have deep impressions that we were project mates. During SIM year two (exempted for 1 year), we studied together; but this year, she is not my mug mate. Today I finally know why.

She treats me as a competitor, never mind.
She talks bad behind me, I let it go since I am not present.
I suspect she attempted to influence the people around her to dislike me. So be it, I am a believer of 清者自清. I did not do the same to her because I have integrity.
Her 口头禅 was,"Joycelyn 欺负我." and frequently victimise herself. I endure but attempted to correct her by confronting her.
She commented about my bad complexion EVERY TIME she sees me. (This happened for at least 3-5 times) I am hurt and angry but I tolerate still, until today.

Yes, I agree. I have adult acne. My complexion is CUI. But you don't have to remind me EVERY TIME you see me.

PLUS,
Unless you know how to make up, you can't comment someone's make up skills are bad.
Unless you know fashion, you can't say someone is a fashion disaster.
Unless you are a beauty queen, you can't say someone is ugly.
Unless you own flawless complexion, you can't say someone's complexion is cui.

After the paper today, I met poly classmate (PC) at the MRT station.
PC: Wah! Joycelyn you very stressed ar?
Me: *irritated* Number 1 - My complexion cui is none of your business. Number 2 - you don't have to remind me every time you see me.
PC: Why you so agitated?
Me: Your commenting about my bad complexion every time you see me makes it hard for me not to be work up.
PC: Orh. OK loh.

Actually I wanted to say something more evil. But I held my tongue because I have 口德. As the saying goes, with friends like her, I don't need enemies.

I seriously don't understand. She can be a nice person but I don't understand why is she "playing stunts". I don't understand why must she degrade others so as to escalate herself. Neither do I understand why must she victimise herself all the time.

PS: As I have mentioned. I am being explicitly implicit here. So I am sure many of you would be able to guess who PC is. And, if PC is reading this, I am not hiding anything. Yes, I am pissed off with you; and I have a reason to. If you have a problem, really appreciate if you will confront me, straight at my face.

I felt
After this episode, I was so upset about both my buang paper and my buang complexion that I cried. Shan, Dan and Jia comforted me. Yee even called me to check on me. Jiexi was angry via MSN with me. All said they empathised with me and felt angry with PC.

1 comment:

Joycelyn Soh said...

One of my friends said,
hmm... look at the other side
u muz have strengths that she's jealous of
so u shld be 安慰